At Love Your Body Fitness we LOVE to work hard and sweat it out in the gym. At the same time, we understand just how important it is to prioritize our hydration as we move through the summer months.
Are you wondering what the benefits are of staying hydrated and how being dehydrated negatively affects your overall health?
Well, we have you covered!
As we move through the warmer months here in Ottawa it becomes crucial for us to make hydration a priority in order to feel our best.
What are the benefits of staying hydrated? Here are just a few:
- It helps you regulate body temperature
- Keeps your joints lubricated
- Helps prevent infections
- Helps keep your organs functioning properly.
In addition to these physical benefits, being well-hydrated has proven to improve sleep, cognition, and mood!
Some of the symptoms of dehydration you should watch for are:
- Consistent headaches or migraines
- Reduced motivation or increased fatigue during workouts
- Constipation and digestive issues
Okay, so now you know why you should hydrate but you struggle to drink plain water? We also have you covered there.
These are some of our favourite and delicious suggestions for hydrating this summer!
- Coconut Water
- Water with fruit or cucumbers in it (try watermelon!!)
- Water with lemon or lime juice
- Iced Herbal Tea with some lemon or sweetener
If you have more questions about being properly hydrated for your workouts reach out to us at email@example.com!